[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [cdi-devel] [PATCH v2] Make e1000 work in VirtualBox
- Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 23:20:27 +0200
- From: Kevin Wolf <kevin@xxxxxxxxxx>
- To: cdi-devel@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [cdi-devel] [PATCH v2] Make e1000 work in VirtualBox
- Message-id: <20100816212026.GA4224@silvanus>
- In-reply-to: <AANLkTin=y1GBfsFA3RQAz40e4JWSo27UArf=QVXtWj0R@mail.gmail.com>
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 09:16:11PM +1000, Matthew Iselin wrote:
> This patch makes the e1000 driver work in VirtualBox. I'm working
> towards getting the driver working in VMWare as well, but VMWare
> emulates a different chip (82545 rather than 82540). Those fixes and
> adjustments will come in a different patch, at a later date.
> The biggest change here is that the driver now supports the microwire
> interface for reading from the EEPROM as well as the EERD.
> This is the second version of this patch, and fixes the "unused
> variable" error that comes up for some environments.
Thanks, applied to both CDI and tyndur.
But next time please pay attention to create a patch that applies
cleanly and doesn't have wrapped lines or non-breaking whitespace
characters (took me a while to figure the latter out!)