Re: [cdi-devel] Proposed Sound Infrastructure

Hi,

I like the looks of the initial interface: it is generic and yet also
highly effective at its role.

Just a couple of caveats I'd like to point out...

> struct cdi_memory_area {
>     /* OS specific part */
>     int shm_id;

Is it possible to do perhaps make "cdi_memory_area" a generic struct,
and have an OS-specific struct defined in "cdi-osdep.h"? Something
like...

struct cdi_memory_area {
    /* Common part */
    size_t size;
    void* vaddr;
    uintptr_t paddr;

    /* OS specific part */
    struct cdi_memory_area_os_specific osdata;
};

struct cdi_memory_area_os_specific {
    int shm_id;
};

Just an idea... Apart from that, I like the looks of this interface.

Thanks,
Matt