Re: [tyndur-devel] How to install tyndur-gcc without lpt tool.

Hi Arthur,

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 11:21:52AM +0100, Arthur Verberkt wrote:
> I’m playing with and testing the tyndur system.
> Have once installed all packages with <source postinstall-bin> and test it with succes.
>
> Now in another situation i want install applications manual, before i create the hd image, (without lpt)
> so i unzip as example the nano package in the root/apps directory, create a new hd image and test it and nano works fine.
>
> Now i try to do the same with gcc and libc but this is another story and need a little support for the right directory structure and path settings.
>
> Have try the following but it fails :
> 1. unzip libc in system dir
> 2. unzip gcc in apps dir
> 3. create new hd image and start tyndur
> 4. set PATH file:/apps/;file:/apps/gcc/4.2.2/bin
> 5. gcc –o test test.c
>
> Get a unknown error 5 and gcc failed to build.
>
> I know that doing it this way is not confirm the tyndur rules but i’m wondering if it’s possible and how
> configure gcc to do it this way.

It's definitely not how it's meant to work, yes.

Anyway, error 5 is ENOENT, so it's searching some file which you haven't
put in the right place. My approach would be a bit different:

1. Create a build/root-local directory if it doesn't exist yet
2. Unpack tarballs into build/root-local
3. Create directory build/root-local/system/lpt-bin and link or copy all
   binaries there (basically what postinstall-bin would do when called
   from lpt)
4. Copy libgcc.a to buid/root-local/system/lib
5. Create new disk image, start tyndur, gcc -o test test.c

If it still doesn't work, try using some verbose flags in order to get
the missing file name.

Hope this helps,
Kevin